Types of Personal Information We Collect
Personal Information is information that can be used to identify, locate, or contact an individual. It also includes other information that may be associated with Personal Information. We may ask you to provide to us and/or collect from you the following types of Personal Information:
Contact Information that allows us to communicate with you, such as your name, postal addresses, email addresses, social media website user account names, telephone numbers, or other addresses at which you receive communications from or on behalf of BountyBuy.
Relationship Information that helps us to understand who you are and what types of purchases you might like to make, or what types of items you might want to sell in the future. This could include: lifestyle information; location information related to your state/province, city, or neighborhood; areas of interest; the types of deals that interest you; information collected from social media interactions (e.g. Facebook Connect); demographic information (e.g., birth date, age, gender); and information about friends who refer you or whom you have referred.
Transaction Information about how you interact with BountyBuy, such as: the items you view, what you purchase, and other information about how you use our Site, email, other communications, and applications; and how you interact with BountyBuy merchants, business partners, and service providers.
Financial Account Information such as your credit or debit card number, expiration date, and card verification number, which may be needed in the future to process payments for goods or services that you buy when BountyBuy merchandise or services are available for purchase.
Mobile Location Information to help us offer you real-time deals nearby, if you have activated one of our mobile applications and permitted your mobile or other location-aware device to transmit location data.
How BountyBuy Collects Personal Information
How BountyBuy Collects Personal Information
BountyBuy uses Personal Information to:
- Operate and improve the Site
- Market the Site
- Determine eligibility of users for certain offers, products or services;
- Provide customer support, including to our other users, advertisers (if any) and business partners;
- Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to you about BountyBuy and our business partners, such as BountyBuy news, special offers and coupons, announcements, and marketing materials;
- Send you reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, support and administrative messages, service bulletins, or marketing;
- Provide advertisements to you through the Site, email messages, text messages, applications, or other methods of communication;
- Administer promotions such as sweepstakes, contests, or events;
When and Why BountyBuy Discloses Personal Information
We will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties except to:
- Our service providers that provide services for us such as sending emails on our behalf and if applicable processing payments. Our service providers are bound by law or contract to protect the Personal Information and are only allowed to use the Personal Information in accordance with the terms of our service agreements with them.
- BountyBuy business partners or advertisers, as part of an offer, contest, or other activity that is provided by or in conjunction with BountyBuy and its business partners and in which you have elected to participate.
- Effect a merger, acquisition, or otherwise; to support the sale or transfer of business assets; to enforce our rights or protect our property; to protect the rights, property or safety of others, investigate fraud, respond to a government request; or as needed to support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions. If BountyBuy is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or prominent notice on our Site of any change in ownership or uses of your Personal Information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your Personal Information
- We may also disclose Personal Information when required or advised to do so by law, such as in the context of litigation, response to a subpoena, or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts in the United States and other countries where we operate.
- Please know that the use of your Personal Information by third parties sites, even when linked to from the BountyBuy site is governed by the privacy policies of such parties and is not subject to our control.
We may also disclose information about you that is not personally identifiable. For example, we may provide our merchants, business partners, or other third parties with reports that contain aggregated and statistical data about our users.
Cookies and Related Technologies
When you use our Site, we collect certain information by automated or electronic means, using technologies such as cookies, pixel tags and web beacons, browser analysis tools, and web server logs. As you use our Site and applications, your browser and devices communicate with servers operated by us and our business partners and service providers to coordinate and record your interactions with the site, as well as to provide you with services and information. The information is stored in web server logs and also in web cookies kept on your computer or mobile devices, and then transmitted back to our Site by your computer or mobile device.
You can limit the information you provide to BountyBuy, and you can limit the communications that BountyBuy sends to you. You can manage your email preferences by logging into your account through the Site, entering the “My Account” section, and selecting “Email” (meaning communications you receive from BountyBuy). You can also manage your BountyBuy Communications by following BountyBuy Communications management instructions contained in the commercial messages that we send you. You may choose to receive some types of BountyBuy Communications, and may choose to unsubscribe from others. You may update your BountyBuy Communications preferences from time to time. Please note that even if you unsubscribe from promotional email BountyBuy Communications, we may still need to contact you with important transactional information related to your account and your purchases. For example, even if you have unsubscribed from our promotional email BountyBuy Communications, we will still send you communications directly related to your transactions on the Site.
You may manage how your browser handles cookies and related technologies by adjusting its privacy and security settings. Browsers are different, so refer to instructions related to your browser to learn about cookie-related and other privacy and security settings that may be available. You may manage how your mobile device and mobile browser share Location Information with BountyBuy, as well as how your mobile browser handles cookies and related technologies by adjusting your mobile device privacy and security settings. Please refer to instructions provided by your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings. You may also manage the sharing of certain Personal Information with us when you connect with us through a social media platform or application, such as through Facebook Connect. Please refer to the privacy settings of the social media website or application to determine how you may adjust our permissions and manage the interactivity between BountyBuy and your social media account or your mobile device.
If you wish to opt out of receiving offers directly from BountyBuy merchants or business partners, you can follow the opt-out instructions in the emails that they send you.
Accessing and Correcting Personal Information
Keeping Personal Information about you current helps ensure that we offer you the best deals available through our merchants and business partners. You can do several things to help keep Personal Information about you current. You can access, update and delete your Contact Information, Financial Account Information, and the other information you provided to us in your profile by logging into your account and accessing the "My Account" section of the Site; you can also send us an email at support@BountyBuy.com. If you want to close your account or have other questions or requests, please contact us. While we are ready to assist you in managing your BountyBuy Communications, closing your account, and removing your active profile, we cannot always delete records of past interactions and transactions. For example, we are required to retain records relating to previous transactions on the Site for financial reporting and compliance reasons. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services and to maintain a record of your transactions for financial reporting purposes. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services, contact us at support@BountyBuy.com. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Security of Personal Information
BountyBuy has implemented an information security program that contains administrative, technical and physical controls that are designed to reasonably safeguard Personal Information.
Notice to Residents of Countries outside the United States of America
Our Site may contain Forums and other areas (such as discussion boards or blogs) where you may be able to publicly post information, review products and merchants, or communicate with others. Any Personal Information you post may be read, collected, and used by others. Please avoid publicly posting Personal Information.
California Privacy Rights
Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California can obtain certain information about the types of Personal Information that companies with whom they have an established business relationship have shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. In particular, the law provides that companies must inform consumers about the categories of Personal Information that have been shared with third parties, the names and addresses of those third parties, and examples of the types of services or products marketed by those third parties. To request a copy of the information disclosure provided by BountyBuy pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, please contact us via email at team@BountyBuy.com, or by writing us at the address provided below for BountyBuy. Please allow 30 days for a response.
Children under the age of 18 are not permitted to use BountyBuy and we do not intentionally collect or maintain Personal Information from those who are under 13 years old. Protecting the privacy of children is very important to us. If we obtain actual knowledge that a user is under 13, we will take steps to remove that user’s Personal Information from our databases.
Contact Us With Questions
4170 Admiralty Way #142
Marina Del Rey, CA 90292